Wednesday, September 3, 2008

School Returns





Starting school when it is 11o+ degrees is still something I have not gotten used to, even after five years. However, I was ready for it to begin this year. Madi is in 9th grade this year. Ninth grade is still Junior High in St. George, and Mark and I are very grateful for that! We are glad that she is not in the same school as eighteen year-old boys(especially Mark)! Max is in third grade this year. He was disappointed not to be in best friend Jaydon's class again, but has made new friends in his class. Three days into the school year, a new boy whom he had befriended was tragically killed in an automobile accident on his way to school. The boy's mother was also killed, and his younger brother critically injured. Max, deep, and so sensitive to the energy in his body, had many questions regarding life, death, and transitioning on to the next. We had long talks in the days after the accident, and I even overheard him talking to his other friends about the things we had discussed. Maeve started preschool last week, or should I say she was supposed to start last week! My college classes also began last week, so Mark took her the first day. I called Mark after my class ended to see how it went, and he said, "Actually I am still here. Can you come over?" She goes to the Preschool at Dixie, so it is just around the corner from the building where I teach. When I got there, she was hiding behind the building and Mark was trying to coax her out. When I approached her she said, " I quit preschool!" She definitely has her mother's stubbornness! So, tomorrow we are gong to give it another try. Stay tuned.......


2 comments:

Natalie said...

Hey Jessamy. Thanks for the kind words about my Dad. It has been nice to hear from so many people from all time periods of my life.

Your family is so cute. In a few of your pictures, your little boy looks like a mini-Mark. And your girls are beautiful (but that's to be expected, right?)

Anyway, thanks again. It will be fun to keep up with what is going on in your life through your blog.

- Natalie

Kyson and Kodi said...

Jessamy I am so glad that I found your blog and it was so nice to visit with you the other night. Love you guys.